[PlanetCCRMA] new realtime kernels for f7/8 (2.6.24.3-1.rt1.2)

Henrik Frisk frisk.h at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 02:40:01 2008

On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 2:57 AM, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano
<nando@ccrma.stanford.edu> wrote:
> Hi all...
>
>  A new batch of realtime kernels are now available for f7 and f8, i386
>  and x86_64[*] (version 2.6.24.3-1.rt1.2). They are based on 2.6.24.3
>  plus the current crop of (beta) realtime patches from the MRG redhat
>  kernel (their upcoming realtime system based on RedHat Enterprise) plus
>  the latest patches from the Fedora 8 testing kernel.
>
>  The MRG patches include most of the rt1 patch set from Ingo, plus
>  additional fixes and seems, in my limited experience, to work much
>  better than the previous 2.6.24 kernel. We'll see...

Thanks Fernando. Unfortunately the same errors I had with the last
2.6.24 version persist in this one. However, I have the same problems
with the Fedora 2.6.24 kernel that I just tested, so it's not to do
with the RT patches.

The symptoms are: only one workspace, no window frames, no titlefram, no...

I haven't yet checked the Fedora list, but I would suspect I'm not the
only one with these problems. The 2.6.23 kernel (Fedora and CCRMA)
works fine on my system which is a Dell 640M laptop.

/Henrik

PS Sorry for sending my last email to your personal email Fernando...