[PlanetCCRMA] kernel-rt-headers conflict

Tue Mar 18 10:30:02 2008

On Tue, 2008-03-18 at 01:58 -0400, Mike Lococo wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> While installing the kernel-rt package, I tried to install
> kernel-rt-headers along with it.  Unfortunately, it won't install due to
> a conflict with kernel-headers from Fedora.

Is it installing automatically? It is not really necessary to install
it. Maybe I should not put it in the repository...

> Additionally, because the
> RT headers have a different package name, any packages depending on the
> kernel headers are *also* uninstalled (dkms drivers for wifi cards and
> nvidia drivers commonly depend on the kernel headers package).
>
> Is this a bug, can the multiple headers be made to coexist or is it just
> impossible to use the RT kernel with dkms drivers?

It should be possible to use it with the "normal" kernel headers package
(after installing kernel-rt-devel, of course).

-- Fernando