[PlanetCCRMA] upgrade report and tuneup questions

Jeff Sandys sandysj at juno.com
Tue Mar 18 14:06:23 2008

I finally upgraded my laptop from FC6 to 8.  My main issue is a wireless only
connection with the broadcom chip.  By copying the broadcom drivers onto a
usb drive I was able to use fwcutter and get wireless working again, once
after the initial install of 2.6.23 and again after the update to 2.6.24.

I noticed on the CCRMA site there is no more tune up instructions after FC5.
Should I tune up the HD and interrupts, or is FC8 smart?  pointers to online
info?

I used to have a cheat sheet for Jack setting, can someone give me a
pointer?

On FC6 I also turned off unnecessary services, I can't find this list
either, help?

Thanks,
Jeff Sandys