[PlanetCCRMA] permission problems with recent jack update 0.109.2

Hector Centeno hcengar at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 14:07:53 2008

Hello,

I just updated Jack to the recent 0.109.2 and I can't get it to start
using FreeBob. I get this in the messages window:

Freebob using Firewire port 0, node -1
Ieee1394Service::initialize: Could not get 1394 handle: Permission denied
Is ieee1394 and raw1394 driver loaded?
Fatal (devicemanager.cpp)[68] initialize: Could not initialize
Ieee1349Service object
Fatal (freebob.cpp)[69] freebob_new_handle: Could not initialize device manager
LibFreeBoB ERR: cannot create libfreebob handle
FreeBoB ERR: FREEBOB: Error creating virtual device
cannot load driver module freebob

Starting Jack using the same command but as root works fine. The
previous version of Jack didn't have this problem.

Hector