[PlanetCCRMA] fc8 install

Juan I Reyes juanig at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Wed Mar 26 10:31:01 2008

Hi Oded,

Glad things are working a bit better now.

I would try to use Qjackctl more than the jack command because the
latter is very sensitive to switches or options. The message window on
Qjackctl gives a lot messages which I disregard.

As far as Pd, Jack (plus the Quattro), I have not been able to obtain
more than two channels. Probably there is some memory management issue
in the Pd-Jack interface (but I am not sure). In a more optimistic way
without Jack Pd looks ALSA as two interfaces which is a huge annoyance
on the Quattro but used to work several Fedoras ago.

In order to get syntax highlighting on Emacs I have the following line
on my dot_emacs:

;; turn on font-lock mode
(global-font-lock-mode t)

If you don't get automatic syntax highlighting when you open a Lisp or
Scheme file you might need to set the 'auto-mode-alist' variable.

  --* Juan