[PlanetCCRMA] Where are the kernel-rt-devel rpms?

Mathias Wittekopf mathias.wittekopf at ohrwelt.de
Sun Sep 14 06:02:04 PDT 2008

Hi y'all and especially Ron Fox,

that took me several steps further - thanks, Ron, for your hint!  I did even
manage to install the nvidia-driver from their homepage, that didn't create a
kernel module, though (is it supposed to be nvidia.ko?), just an nvidia.o file;
on booting there is a complaint that nvidia.ko can't be found.  Now my
graphics card does 1280x1024, but the sync is somehow goofed up: left half
of the screen is shown on the right, and right on left, with some strange
stripes on the top.  Whenever I change /etc/X11/xorg.conf, it gets
overwritten during next boot up.  Have a bad feeling fiddling on that level . . .

So - just to see, if my monitor is still working right, I started the "old" Fedora
stock kernel (2.6.25.14-69.fc8 with a running nvidia.ko module from Livna)
and ran some of the CCRMA - Applications - they seem to run fine on my
machine!  For this first round I decided therefore to just suspend the matter
instead of spending days and days tweaking my head and not getting my
other works done.

Still interested in suggestions, though - like: how can I create a fitting *.ko
file?

Best regards
Mathias Wittekopf
Composer & Sounddesigner