[PlanetCCRMA] sound problem

Wed Sep 17 10:38:07 PDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-09-17 at 07:04 -0400, Pat wrote:
> I am running the latest ccrma RT kernel for FC9

Could you please type "uname -r" and send the result? I don't know if
you are using the testing kernel or the stable.

> I have tried numerous settings in various combinations
> Right now, I think I have.
> Priority, manually set to 89

Nope, don't change the priority. It is tuned for best performance. I
think 89 will put jackd over the hardware interrupts from the soundcard
and then you will have problems.

> Frames/Period 1024 (I have tried 512)
> Sample rate 44100
> Periods Buffer 4 (i have tried 3-4-5-6-7, makes no difference)
> Port Max 64

This should not make a difference.
What is the output from the jack command line that I sent you?

-- Fernando