[PlanetCCRMA] Fedora 9 and planetccrma under VMware Fusion on a Macbook Pro

Julius Smith jos at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Tue Sep 23 22:47:40 PDT 2008

Hi Juan,

My working sound tests were done using pulseaudio and not jack.

I was able to get jackd running without underruns using the following startup:

   jackd -dalsa -dhw:0 -r8000 -p2048 -n2

(after a killall pulseaudio) - I did not see how high the sampling
rate could go, but -p1024 got a few underruns.

To get pulseaudio to work with jack, I tried following the instructions at
http://www.harald-hoyer.de/linux/pulseaudio-and-jackd
but alsa complained hw:0 was in use and pulseaudio wouldn't start.
I'm not really familiar with pulseaudio, but it seems to work fine
without jackd running.

Julius

--
"Anybody who knows all about nothing knows everything" -- Leonard Susskind