[PlanetCCRMA] Fedora 9 and planetccrma under VMware Fusion on a Macbook Pro

Juan I Reyes juanig at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Wed Sep 24 10:42:05 PDT 2008

Hi Julius,

To get jack with pulseaudio I also used the link you are pointing out
(Harald Hoyer's).

One of the greatest annoyances with pulseaudio, and, as Nando pointed
out is the soundcard order while booting the machine. If you have a card
configured to be used in pulseaudio as HW:1,0 , next time you boot it
might be HW:0,0 or who knows. Therefore, Pulse sometimes is not
operational.

As far as jack with pulseaudio using a Delta ICE-1712 soundcard (same as
some machines in CCRMA,) I get very few underruns on a x86_64. So in
this respect is alright.

I had to modify '/etc/pulse/default.pa' in order to get the ICE-1712 in
a multichannel mode. I added the following lines:

# Load Delta:
load-module module-alsa-sink sink_name=delta_out device=hw:0 channels=10
channel_map=left,right,aux0,aux1,aux2,aux3,aux4,aux5,aux6,aux7
load-module module-alsa-source source_name=delta_in device=hw:0
channels=12
channel_map=left,right,aux0,aux1,aux2,aux3,aux4,aux5,aux6,aux7,aux8,aux9

# Set the default sink and source (not mandatory,
# would probably be used without this):

set-default-sink delta_out
set-default-source delta_in

  --* Juan