[PlanetCCRMA] Do you know about SoundCloud?

Sean Beeson seanbeeson at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 23:13:28 PDT 2009

Hi again on this....

It seems slow on the list, so I hope it's not a bother that I bring this up
here.

I created a group "Linux" on SoundCloud:http://soundcloud.com/groups/linux I
would like to encourage all to sign up, join the group and upload your
tracks. Since there was absolutely no group for those who use Linux, I made
that group over one for Fedora or PlanetCCRMA. If you have the inclination,
please pass it around to other lists. I had two people email me
directly....don't be shy folks...let's hear your stuff. And thanks for
emailing me. I'll leave my very sibilant track up, which exemplifies that I
still have a bit to go on the art of mastering. I hope that sharing tracks
will get people to discuss what they do and be able to each other out on
making there tracks sound better. Maybe people who are better at mixing and
mastering will find some great composers that just don't have the mastering
chops that they will want to mix. Since the focus is on Linux, it could be
that unmixed projects are that much easier to send to each other. I have
noticed that a few collabrative music sites are showing up on the internet.
Why should the idea for the Linux plantform not exist? Anyway, I would
really like to hear what others are doing and have a chance to ask questions
about how they did what they did or be able to point out things I think
others could do to improve their work as well.

--Sean