[PlanetCCRMA] Do you know about SoundCloud?

Sean Beeson seanbeeson at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 00:26:12 PDT 2009

If anyone is curious what I do with all this PlanetCCRMA stuff, I put up one
piece on SoundCloud http://soundcloud.com/0x1/psr1913-beta03  It's an
electronica ambient dub piece. This doesn't encapsulate all that I do, just
one of the first things I mixed down.

I use Rosegarden to sequence with and Ardour to record. I am using three
ZynAddSubFx instruments, Specimen for a couple samples and Hydrogen for some
of the drum fills. A Korg X50, Korg MS2000BR and a Roland JP-8080. All the
external sounds are mixed through a mixer and input on stereo inputs because
of the limit of  my audio interface.  SoundCloud's  encoding  cuts  off a
lot  of the frequency from the top and bottom, but that's life. It's not a
pure Linux creation. I like knobs and hardware.

I sure think a PlanetCCRMA Group on SoundCloud would be awesome.

Anyway, I hope this one piece inspires you.

--Sean