[PlanetCCRMA] Supercollider emacs

James Hearon j_hearon at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 10 11:08:27 PDT 2009

Hi,
Made some progress with SC-World and Emacs.  Thanks for your help.

For the planet package with SwingOSC which is installed with supercollider-world, since SwingOSC server needed to be started manually, the scripts from the sourceforge swingosc package helped me.  I only used the scripts, not the package.  Those are SwingOSC_TCP.sh, and SwingOSC_UDP.sh.  I changed the path to reflect the planet installed SwingOSC.jar.

java -Dswing.defaultlaf=com.sun.java.swing.plaf.gtk.GTKLookAndFeel -jar
/build/SwingOSC.jar -t 57111 -L -h
127.0.0.1:57120

java -Dswing.defaultlaf=com.sun.java.swing.plaf.gtk.GTKLookAndFeel -jar /usr/share/SuperCollider/SwingOSC/SwingOSC.jar -t 57111 -L -h 127.0.0.1:57120

Then I ran $bash ./SwingOSC_TCP.sh to start the server, and opened another terminal for $ emacs -sclang.

Seems good now for running gui examples.
-----
For audio problem.  Thank you for rpm info on qt showing qt4.  I installed a qtsdk-2009-03 in /opt, but discovered I also had an rpm for qt4 which I guess came with f10.

The repro qt needed updating to solve the symlink qjackctl issue, and now qjackctl is working again.