[PlanetCCRMA] updated: pd-extended

Jeff Sandys sandysj at juno.com
Wed Aug 12 11:40:51 PDT 2009

Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:

> Well, after much time (years?) I have new upgraded pd-extended packages
> based on 0.41.4 in the testing repositories for fc10 and fc11[*].
>
> To install I would recommend installing "pd-world", which is a
> metapackage that will require all the currently existing pd-* packages.
> Some stuff that was inside pd-extended actually moved outside (all the
> flext related stuff), so packages have changed names, etc, etc (and this
> happened before, but the other way around... packaging is fun fun
> fun!).
>
> "pd-world-extra" will install additional stuff, but for that you need to
> have the rpmfusion repositories activated.
>
> If I don't hear much noise I'll switch from testing to release in a
> couple of weeks.
>
> Enjoy!
> -- Fernando
>
> [*] sorry, only i386 for now, x86_64 mostly compiles but I found more
> stuff that needs fixing up so I gave up...

Thanks for packaging PD 41.4 extended.

The fonts can be fixed by editing line 3944 in pd.tk:
     foreach i {8 9 10 12 14 16 18 24 30 36} {
 to:
     foreach i {4 6 8 9 10 12 14 16 18 24} {

You can twiddle these numbers to get the best presentation.
This change worked with pd41.4 extended from puredata.info

The pure-data extended crew on sourceforge gave up on 86_64
for this release and will try again for the next release.

I'll try your packages tonight.

-- Jeff Sandys

Reference:
Hans-Christoph Steiner pd extended installers:
     http://puredata.info/downloads
Pure Data mail list item on font problem with Tk 8.5:
     http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2009-05/070143.html
Can't find the 86_64 delay notice