[PlanetCCRMA] updated: pd-extended

Matt Barber brbrofsvl at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 12:10:47 PDT 2009

> Thanks for packaging PD 41.4 extended.
>
> The fonts can be fixed by editing line 3944 in pd.tk:
>     foreach i {8 9 10 12 14 16 18 24 30 36} {
>  to:
>     foreach i {4 6 8 9 10 12 14 16 18 24} {
>
> You can twiddle these numbers to get the best presentation.
> This change worked with pd41.4 extended from puredata.info
>
> The pure-data extended crew on sourceforge gave up on 86_64
> for this release and will try again for the next release.
>
> I'll try your packages tonight.
>
> -- Jeff Sandys

If I recall, that font fix only works for normal object boxes, message
boxes, and so forth, but does not work for the gui objects like the
sliders, radiobuttons, graphical bangs, etc., and I think now there's
even a fix in the pd.tk file which checks for tcl/tk 8.5 and then
implements the new values.  I'm not near a linux machine for a few
days so I can't test it, but I seem to remember the gui problem to be
much more deeply embedded and hard to solve.

Thanks,

Matt