[PlanetCCRMA] SwingOSC

Tue Aug 25 09:32:04 PDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-08-24 at 21:29 -0400, Elliott Chapin wrote:
> I'm fairly well along with setting up sc on an Acer Aspire 1 under F11.
> An help file says
> -----------
> Add these lines to your .sclang.sc
>
> GUI.swing;
> SwingOSC.java = "/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/jre/bin/java";
> SwingOSC.program = ("PREFIX/bin/SwingOSC.jar").standardizePath;
> SwingOSC.default.boot;
> ------------------------
>
> Trouble is I can't find .sclang.sc. Comments?

If you have installed supercollider-world you don't (should not) need
any additional configuration for swingosc to run. Just start the server
with "g = SwingOSC.default.boot;" (you can use the openjdk packages for
the needed java virtual machine). In fact the suggested configuration
will break the Planet CCRMA swingosc because it depends on SwingOSC
being installed differently, and you having installed the sun java - not
necessary.

In any case, ".sclang.sc" is a configuration file that you create in
your home directory, the path would be
(normally) /home/YOUR_LOGIN_NAME/.sclang.sc