[PlanetCCRMA] kernel-rt(PAE) questions

Martin Tarenskeen m.tarenskeen at zonnet.nl
Fri Dec 4 00:44:12 PST 2009

Hi PlanetCCRMA,

I have installed planetccrma-core for Fedora 12, but the provided
kernel-rtPAE does not run on my Dell D600.
No problem, I installed the normal kernel-rt version, which works fine.
I removed the kernel-rtPAE, which I can't use anyway, using "rpm --e
--no-deps kernel-rtPAE" on the commandline.

So far so good.

But everytime planetccrma-core is updated, it re-installs also the
kernel-rtPAE package. No surprise, but is there a way to avoid this ?

Another question:
While installing or updating the kernel-rt(PAE) package I'm getting these
messages:

W: Possible missing firmware ql8100_fw.bin for module qla2xxx.ko
W: Possible missing firmware ql2400_fw.bin for module qla2xxx.ko
W: Possible missing firmware ql2322_fw.bin for module qla2xxx.ko
W: Possible missing firmware ql2300_fw.bin for module qla2xxx.ko
W: Possible missing firmware ql2200_fw.bin for module qla2xxx.ko
W: Possible missing firmware ql2100_fw.bin for module qla2xxx.ko
W: Possible missing firmware aic94xx-seq.fw for module aic94xx.ko

Anything to worry about, or should I just ignore these ?

--

Martin Tarenskeen