[PlanetCCRMA] kernel-rt(PAE) questions

Fri Dec 4 10:28:29 PST 2009

On Fri, 2009-12-04 at 09:44 +0100, Martin Tarenskeen wrote:
> Hi PlanetCCRMA,
>
> I have installed planetccrma-core for Fedora 12, but the provided
> kernel-rtPAE does not run on my Dell D600.
> No problem, I installed the normal kernel-rt version, which works fine.
> I removed the kernel-rtPAE, which I can't use anyway, using "rpm --e
> --no-deps kernel-rtPAE" on the commandline.
>
> So far so good.
>
> But everytime planetccrma-core is updated, it re-installs also the
> kernel-rtPAE package. No surprise, but is there a way to avoid this ?

Hmmm, I think I will have to rethink the dependencies for
planetccrma-clore, sorry for the problem. You could of course rpm -e
planetccrma-core in the meantime, that will not remove the already
installed packages, and they should upgrade fine with a yum upgrade.

What is it that did not work when trying out the rtPAE version?

> Another question:
> While installing or updating the kernel-rt(PAE) package I'm getting these
> messages:
>
> W: Possible missing firmware ql8100_fw.bin for module qla2xxx.ko
> W: Possible missing firmware ql2400_fw.bin for module qla2xxx.ko
> W: Possible missing firmware ql2322_fw.bin for module qla2xxx.ko
> W: Possible missing firmware ql2300_fw.bin for module qla2xxx.ko
> W: Possible missing firmware ql2200_fw.bin for module qla2xxx.ko
> W: Possible missing firmware ql2100_fw.bin for module qla2xxx.ko
> W: Possible missing firmware aic94xx-seq.fw for module aic94xx.ko
>
> Anything to worry about, or should I just ignore these ?

You should just ignore them, I think (unless you have a card that uses
one of those drivers, of course).