[PlanetCCRMA] ams...etc

Elliott Chapin echapin at teksavvy.com
Sat Dec 19 09:13:53 PST 2009

On 12/19/2009 11:33 AM, Robert Vogel wrote:
> I installed Fedora 10 on my quad-core 64 AMD machine, then the Planet
> CCRMA package. Mostly, it seems to run well and I am pleased.
>
> But ... AMS seems to be broken. When I try the first of the demo
> applications (bass_advenv.ams) it comes up with a dialog box:
>
>   'could not find LADSPA plugin "Freeverb Version 3" from library cmt'
>
> followed by another box
>
>   'could not find LADSPA plugin "Mvclpf-3 from library "mvclpf24"
>
> Then, the components appear unconnected on the brown background.
>
> ----
>
> So then, I went to Synaptic thinking to uninstall it and re-installing,
> but to do that it says it will also remove planetccrma-apps.
>
> Any advice ?
>
> Bob

You might consider FC12/CCRMA. AMS works for me in that context, at
least in that I have built a simple little app. that functions nicely
with Jack, etc. to provide a useful performance instrument.

Slightly OT: As a Forth programmer, I was pleased to stumble upon a
fairly recent project: fJACK.

--
Elliott Chapin
http://clients.teksavvy.com/~echapin