[PlanetCCRMA] ams...etc

Sat Dec 19 22:59:42 PST 2009

On Sat, 2009-12-19 at 11:33 -0500, Robert Vogel wrote:
> I installed Fedora 10 on my quad-core 64 AMD machine, then the Planet
> CCRMA package. Mostly, it seems to run well and I am pleased.
>
> But ... AMS seems to be broken. When I try the first of the demo
> applications (bass_advenv.ams) it comes up with a dialog box:
>
>  'could not find LADSPA plugin "Freeverb Version 3" from library cmt'
>
> followed by another box
>
>  'could not find LADSPA plugin "Mvclpf-3 from library "mvclpf24"
>
> Then, the components appear unconnected on the brown background.

Ams needs a bunch of ladspa plugins to do its work. They should have
been pulled in as dependencies, I don't know why they are not
installed.

Do a "yum list ladspa*plugins" and install whatever is not installed
from the list (I don't remember which ones are needed). Then try
again...

> So then, I went to Synaptic thinking to uninstall it and re-installing,
> but to do that it says it will also remove planetccrma-apps.

You can reinstall a package from the command line with "yum reinstall
package_name", but that would not fix this particular problem....