[PlanetCCRMA] F12 on Macbook Pro

G Foster earthworm at planetearthworm.com
Tue Dec 22 03:47:11 PST 2009

Hi list,

Just to say that I gave the new Fedora release a spin on my Macbook
Pro. I managed to install the binary NVIDIA drivers using akmods and
that led to me being able to boot the RT kernel and see the login
screen.

However, the akmod for ndiswrapper needed for the wireless drivers
(Broadcom) wouldn't build against the RT kernel it seemed.

Also there were some stability issues. X died when I clicked on the
fast user switch applet I think it was.

A lot better than the last release when booting the RT kernel gave me
a black screen though. Here's hoping for F13 I suppose!

Hope this helps people with Macbook Pro's.

Ta,

Gaz