[PlanetCCRMA] F12 on Macbook Pro

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Tue Dec 22 06:01:00 PST 2009

On Tuesday 22 December 2009 06:47:11 am G Foster wrote:
> However, the akmod for ndiswrapper needed for the wireless drivers
> (Broadcom) wouldn't build against the RT kernel it seemed.

Enable RPMFUSION's non-free repo, and install the broadcom-wl and akmod-wl
packages; no need for ndiswrapper with Broadcom.  While I don't have a Macbook
Pro, I have a very closely similar laptop with a BCM4321 802.11n card that
should be very comparable (in the OS X 86 scene, this particular laptop and
wireless card is one of the recommended units to turn into a 'hackintosh').

If nothing else, you can see if it works or not.... :-)