[PlanetCCRMA] Cannot set keyboard in Gnome, running via VNC in FC10

Bengt Månsson bengt.mansson at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 11:51:33 PDT 2009

 Hi
I have searched for this and find things related but not exactly the same.
At least not with recent versions.
I want to setup my computer without screen and instead run it via VNC from
my laptop.
I had it working with FC7 but that setup is now gone. I now have a fresh
install of FC10 and have just made an update.
When I start vncserver and log in from a remote client I get an error dialog
saying: Error activating XKB configuration.
I get the gnome desktop but I am not able to set my keyboard layout and type
to mach the hw I have.
Please advice
(I know this is not a pure PlanetCCRMA question but I'm stuck and you guys
are always helpful)
/Bengt