[PlanetCCRMA] Cannot set keyboard in Gnome, running via VNC in FC10

Sean Beeson seanbeeson at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 22:57:51 PDT 2009

> (I know this is not a pure PlanetCCRMA question but I'm stuck and you guys
> are always helpful)
> /Bengt

Have you tried setting up the Keyboard directly first and after that
VNC in? I use a Japanese keyboard and VNC into my FC10 box from my
office and it works fine. However, I did setup the Keyboard before I
used VNC. I didn't do anything special with the VNCserver or the VNC
client I use. I actually VNC in with different keyboards(English and
Japanese), but it always takes the Japanese layout since I first setup
the system using it. Lucky in my case there are few key that are
different and I have remembered what they are. That is something I
have just come to live with since you have to manually set the
keyboard layout anyway even on different OSes.

--Sean