[PlanetCCRMA] [amsynthe] Testers wanted for upcoming release (1.2.3)

nixx nixx2097 at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Apr 25 06:46:44 PDT 2010

Hi Martin, Thanks for your feedback!

Re: default presets sounds not as expected

Are the sounds choppy, or are they just not as they should be?

There were some reports about amsynth not being able to load its
presets correctly, which would cause the sounds to be incorrect, but I
was never able to reproduce it...

http://sourceforge.net/projects/amsynthe/forums/forum/155114/topic/3390401

If you think it's happening on your system, I'd love to get some more
debugging info to track down the problem.

Re: not getting any sound

This could be a manifestation of the preset-loading bug - check what
the volume / envelopes controls are set to.

Otherwise, it could be a problem with amsynth's audio engine. Do you
know which audio interface (OSS / ALSA / jack) amsynth is using on
your machine? I would recommend using jack if possible.

Try using the 'audition' button on amsynth's GUI to trigger a note, to
make sure the problem isn't MIDI related.

Thanks,

Nick