[PlanetCCRMA] jack-dssi-host

Len lenb_99 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 7 13:40:38 PST 2010

--- On Tue, 12/7/10, Orcan Ogetbil <oget.fedora at gmail.com> wrote:

From: Orcan Ogetbil <oget.fedora at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [PlanetCCRMA] jack-dssi-host
To: "Len" <lenb_99 at yahoo.com>
Cc: planetccrma at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Date: Tuesday, December 7, 2010, 4:15 PM

On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 3:58 PM, Len  wrote:

> [...]
 configuration by hand at

> devices/ifcfg-ethX
> profiles/default/ifcfg-ethX
>
> where X is your device number.
>
> Orcan
>
> Strange.  I've run system-config-network (and looked at /etc/sysconfig/networking/devices/ifcfg-eth0  and profiles/default/ifcfg-eth0) -- and ipv6 is not enabled (IPV6INIT=no).  Still, on each reboot, NetworkManager adds the following line to /etc/hosts:
>
> ::1     <hostname>   localhost6.localdomain6 localhost6

Yes, it keeps adding that line, I don't know why. But with IPV6INIT
set to "IPV6INIT=no" (and NetworkManager restarted), even when that
line exists in /etc/hosts, my DSSI plugins work here.

Orcan

No such luck here.  As long as that line exists in /etc/hosts, regardless of where in the file it occurs, it prevents the dssi gui from appearing.

Guess I'm stuck with editing the hosts file each time, like Steve said.

Still, there must be a better solution...