[PlanetCCRMA] jack-dssi-host

Joe Hartley jh at brainiac.com
Wed Dec 8 10:55:37 PST 2010

On Wed, 8 Dec 2010 10:48:30 -0800 (PST)
Len <lenb_99 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I simply disable NM. It does nothing for me that I can't do much more
> reliably.
>
> As far as I can tell, NM exists to absolve the technically disinclined
> from knowing anything about how connections are made. So, it can
> discover new WAP options? Well, I don't need that--so I simply insure NM
> isn't running in any runlevel. Haven't missed it yet.

NM has been a great tool on my laptop, which regularly connects to 3
different wireless networks and makes connecting to a new wireless network
(like at a hotel) pretty painless.

Other than that, it's a pain in the a$$ that I disable on any machines that
remain on the same network all the time, like my studio machine.

       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh at brainiac.com