[PlanetCCRMA] Running a Lenovo ThinkPad R400 or T400 on a Fedora12/CCRMA setup

Mon Dec 13 21:02:39 PST 2010

On 12/13/2010 05:49 AM, linux media 4 wrote:
> My friend and I have been looking around for a good laptop for my
> Fedora12/CCRMA setup. We are thinking of a Lenovo ThinkPad R400 or T400.
> Is anyone running either of these machines on a Fedora12/CCRMA or higher
> system? Any issues I should be aware of?

I'm typing this in a T510, fc13 i386. I could not install fc12 - which I
was running on my previous T61 - as the install driver could not make
sense of the video card, but I really did not try hard (I bought it with
the NVidia card as that was the only way to get the best resolution
1920x1080 display). Fedora 13 was fine and the nouveau driver could
handle the video card. Regretfully it introduced high latencies in audio
so I had to switch to the NVidia binary driver (yuck!). Other than that
it is running fine (network, wifi, dvd drive, usb, etc).