[PlanetCCRMA] FC14

Orcan Ogetbil oget.fedora at gmail.com
Sun Dec 26 10:47:54 PST 2010

On Sun, Dec 26, 2010 at 11:29 AM, Oded Ben-Tal wrote:
> hi,
>
> I was planning to use the holiday time to catch up and upgrade my system to
> FC14. Am I right that as of now there is no Jack or ffado for FC14? Or did
> those just migrate to the central repository instead of the planet?

Hello,
Jack2 and ffado are moved to the official Fedora repos.

> Any success using fedoras preupgrade option? I remember that last time I
> tried upgrading directly (way back in RH8 or something) I ended up with a
> mess and had to install again from scratch. But perhaps things are better
> now?

If your system is not heavily customized, this shouldn't be a problem.
One issue could be that you have a smaller /boot partition than what
preupgrade needs (I think 500MB). If this is the case, you should see
a popup error message before messing up your system though.

>From Fedora 10 to Fedora 13, I used preupgrade without any problems*.
>From Fedora 13 to Fedora 14 I did fresh install, to clean up all the
junk that accumulated in / over the years, but I am confident that the
preupgrade would have worked just fine.

Cheers,
Orcan

* except around Fedora 12, I had to manually enlarge the /boot
partition before running preupgrade.