[PlanetCCRMA] Problem with qjackctl in Fedora 14

Oded Ben-Tal oded at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Thu Dec 30 04:15:48 PST 2010

> You can add this file (name it "90-jack.conf") to the
> /etc/security/limits.d/:
>
> ---- CUT HERE
> # Planet CCRMA, jack-audio-connection-kit
> #
> # Allow processes access to rt priority and memory locking
> # without limits, needed by the rt kernel and jackd
> *	-	rtprio	99
> *	-	memlock	4194304

Possibly silly questions. Perhaps because I upgraded from an earlier
version I have two files in /etc/security/limits.d/
90-nproc.conf  99-jack.con

questions:
1) do the number matter (i.e. is it important that the jack one is 90)?

2) This is what I have in 99-jack.conf
@jackuser - rtprio 99
@jackuser - memlock 4194304
@jackuser - nice -10

@pulse-rt - rtprio 20
@pulse-rt - nice -20

I presume that since I am a member of the jackuser group rhat should work,
right?

thanks
Oded