[PlanetCCRMA] Problem with qjackctl in Fedora 14

Thu Dec 30 20:12:10 PST 2010

On 12/30/2010 07:03 PM, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> The problem I'm having is how to map from those parameters to the pid of
> the system thread that is handling the soundcard's irq. For example this
> is the driver that handles the Audigy2 I'm plugging in (which uses irq 19):
> But then I look at the onboard soundcard, driver for that is:
>
> $ udevadm info --query=property
> --path=/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1b.0/sound/card0
> --attribute-walk|grep DRIVERS
> DRIVERS=="HDA Intel"
>
> and the interrupt (31 this time) looks like:
>
> $ ps -e -o "pid comm"|grep irq/31
> 1092 irq/31-hda_inte
>
> Which does not really match what I see in DRIVERS (of course you can
> make it match somehow but I'm trying to avoid hackery).
>
> So far I don't see where the irq process naming comes from.

Argh (I looked at the kernel code).

They are hardwired string constants in the driver code (ie: they are not
consistently related to anything or derived from anything else). So
there is no way that I can see in which I can map without knowledge of
those constants. Sigh :-)