[PlanetCCRMA] Nvidia driver with the ccrma rt-kernel.

Juan Reyes juanig at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Wed Sep 1 09:05:47 PDT 2010

Thanks a lot William!.

Got my PlanetCCRMA rt-Kernel on F-13 working this way using 'jerboyd'
instructions.

Maybe I am wrong, but the only problem is that if I want to work on the
regular Fedora stock Kernels I have to re-install the NVidia binary
which in turn de-installs the 'rt-Kernel' nvidia binary.

AFAIK, 'akmods' and 'akmod-nvidia' from RMPFUSION work on the stock
Fedora Kernels but they don't with PlanetCCRMA's rt-Kernel. Furthermore
seems to me that both binaries cannot coexist on the same system.

My hope is that RMPFUSION will be able to patch their 'akmod-nvidia'
binary so that I will be able to use 'akmods', which are really
convenient.

  --* Juan