[PlanetCCRMA] Can't use rt-kernel from planetccrma-core

Filip Hoško filiphosko at gmail.com
Sat Sep 4 02:37:26 PDT 2010

Hello,

I switched to Fedora from Ubuntu Studio just a few days ago (since my
hardware didn't work for some reasons on Ubuntu) and I'm now trying to setup
my system for realtime audio. I get lots of xruns with stock kernel so I
downloaded the planetccrma-core-2010.07.01-1.fc13.ccrma.x86_64 rpm and
installed it, but when I try to run my system with supplied rt-kernel, it
hangs at the Fedora loading screen. I don't know what causes this, I just
noticed that Avahi daemon failed to start. I wanted to ask if there are some
issues causing 2.6.33.6-147.2.4.rt28.1.fc13.ccrma.x86_64.rt kernel to hang
the system, or what can I do to make it run.

Thanks.

Filip Hoško