[PlanetCCRMA] fluidsynth-dssi

Martin Tarenskeen m.tarenskeen at zonnet.nl
Tue Sep 28 01:20:44 PDT 2010

Hi,

I am currently having problems with fluidsynth-dssi and rosegarden4 :

I can select and start the fluidsynth-dssi plugin, but it only makes
noises instead of nice sounds. Starting normal fluidsynth (with or without
qsynth) works fine, and also other dssi plugins like hexter and whysynth
make nice music. It is just the fluidsynth-dssi that is making noise. If I
say "noise" I mean that in the literal sense. It sounds a bit like white
and pink noise, instead of drums, brass, and strings.

Before I post a bug report on Bugzilla:
1) Is anyone else having the same problem ?

2) How can I test if it is a fluidsynth-dssi problem or a Rosegarden
problem
? Or: How can I test fluidsynth-dssi without Rosegarden ? )

BTW: I am running an up-to-date 32 bits Fedora 13 / Planet CCRMA system

--

Martin Tarenskeen