[PlanetCCRMA] Screen freezes with CCRMA Core

Dale Powell dj_kaza at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 10 01:23:25 PDT 2011

Hi.

Pretty new to Linux so excuse me if I'm a bit slow at times.

Recently installed Fedora 14 x64 on my laptop, following your guides did a yum update then installed the CCRMA Core. Very little else touched (Flash, VLC, Renoise and ffdshow codecs before installed VLC.)

Anyway, when I boot into the CCRMA Kernel I often get a frozen screen. Well not quite 100% frozen as the mouse is still active but I can not click on anything. Only option I have is to hold the power button to force a shutdown.

Computer is a Clevo D901C/Sager NP9262. X3360 2.83GHZ quad Xeon (desktop) processor, 4GB RAM, nVidia 8800M (think GTX) graphics card.

Not had any freezing on the standard, updated kernel.

While I'm here: Any idea why Youtube will play audio fine and cleanly whereas Soundcloud and other sites will not? All Flash based as far as I know. Seems video ones are better than audio only generally...

Kind regards, Dale.