[PlanetCCRMA] pulseaudio successfully banished to the AC97 CODEC?

Craig Bourne cbourne at cbourne.com
Tue Apr 26 14:15:57 PDT 2011

To whatever degree my own recent experience may parallel this case-- I
too am using Fedora 14. Throughout all the problems that I have had with
ALSA/Pulseaudio,  Chrome has continued to work. This was true even
though a proper configuration was not specified to Pulseaudio for my RME
HDSP 9652 card (the only sound card in my system).

This in itself would seem to suggest that Chrome enjoys a degree of
independence at least from Pulseaudio.

--
Craig