[PlanetCCRMA] Reliable version of Fedora using rt-kernel?

John S. Dey john at jsdey.com
Tue Nov 15 09:02:20 PST 2011

Hi Fernando,

With the planetccrma-rt-permissions, after fixing what appears to me as a bug, I was able to start jackd in user mode.  I edited the file 99-rt-permissions.conf by changing jack-user to jackuser and logged out and back in.  I am now running with a latency of 5.33ms with reasonable results. By the way--when I changed priorities from 20 to 99 in 99-jack.conf my system started malfunctioning, e.g., I could not get the terminal window application to start.  I corrected the situation by booting in single mode and changing the file back.

Thanks for all your assistance.  Won't it be great when all the real-time stuff gets added to the trunk of linux.  I thought it would have happened long before now.

John