[PlanetCCRMA] FC17 RT Performance

John S. Dey john at jsdey.com
Mon Jul 16 13:20:23 PDT 2012

Hi Fernando,

Ever since I installed FC17 I have lost the blazing rt performance of 5.3 ms I had with FC16.  I have the latest rt kernel installed and have checked to see the rtirq has been install also.  I see that irq/8-rtc0 is at 70 and the sound card is at 69.  The jack server starts at 60.  The best I can achieve is 10 ms (256(2)) at playback only mode.  The performance is that same for ether root or user mode. I have a lenovo T60p laptop.  My guess is that I have forgotten an important configuration step.  Any thought would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

John