[PlanetCCRMA] FC17 RT Performance

Mon Jul 16 21:31:59 PDT 2012

On 07/16/2012 01:20 PM, John S. Dey wrote:
> Hi Fernando,
>
> Ever since I installed FC17 I have lost the blazing rt performance of 5.3 ms I had with FC16.  I have the latest rt kernel installed and have checked to see the rtirq has been install also.  I see that irq/8-rtc0 is at 70 and the sound card is at 69.  The jack server starts at 60.  The best I can achieve is 10 ms (256(2)) at playback only mode.  The performance is that same for ether root or user mode. I have a lenovo T60p laptop.  My guess is that I have forgotten an important configuration step.  Any thought would be greatly appreciated.

Does not look like you forgot anything from what you say, but it smells
like something is missing (so far my tests here with fc17 are good - my
test laptop is a T61). Are you running Jack with "-R"? (if you started
your qjackctl configuration from scratch maybe that is not set?). Which
soundcard are you using? Do you remember which kernel you were using in
fc16?