[PlanetCCRMA] FC17 RT Performance

John S. Dey john at jsdey.com
Wed Jul 18 15:51:15 PDT 2012

Fernando,

Well I am making progress.  In qjackctl settings--realtime button was checked.  The priority was set to default (I think).  Anyway--I set the priority to 66 and I am running 5.33ms (no xruns).  I haven't loaded the system to any degree yet but plan to soon.  A ps on jackd now shows: /usr/bin/jackd -P66 -dalsa -dhw:0 -r48000 -p128 -n2 -P.  I can't get rid of the trailing -P.  I cleared .jackdrc but it just reset to the same value on re-invocation of qjackrc.  How can I get rid of the trailing -P?

With the testing I have been doing I have been using the stock sound card from Intel that came with the machine.

I have been getting an error when starting qjackctl: "Could not open ALSA sequencer as a client.  Alsa MIDI patchbay will not be available."  I assume I'm missing an application.  Any idea what its called or if it not a missing application any ideas how to clean up the error?  Many thanks again for all you do.

Regards,
John