[PlanetCCRMA] new fc16 rt kernel, 3.2.9-rt15

Mark Knoop mark at opus11.net
Sun Mar 4 01:27:18 PST 2012

At 10:54 on 03 Mar 2012, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
>On 03/02/2012 09:22 PM, Michael J. Wilson wrote:
>> Hi Nando,
>>
>> Lenovo Thinkpad x220, FC16.
>>
>> 3.2.7-1.rt13 was giving me some shutdown problems (after drives
>> unmounted device would not halt; maybe ACPI issue?)
>
>Hmm, yes, I saw a problem with my test laptop last night after testing
>3.2.9, I got a panic on shutdown (which I had not seen before, I
>think). I was about to go home so I did not try to document it and
>submit a bug report.
>
>Did you see a kernel panic as well? Or just hangs?

Hi, yes I'm seeing these problems too on shutdown.

3.2.7-1.rt13 hangs for a while (1-2 minutes) with no output then
eventually shuts down fine (from Sending SIGTERM to all running
tasks...)

3.2.9-rt15 I get a panic on shutdown, the details scroll offscreen but
it looks like a general protection fault. What's the best way to debug
this?

But I should also say that both kernels seem to run very well except
for these problems.

--
Mark Knoop