[PlanetCCRMA] Fedora 20 real time kernel crashes (& new kernel)

Sat Aug 23 10:49:00 PDT 2014

On 08/15/2014 07:00 AM, Brian Fay wrote:
> Hi,

Hi!,

> I'm wondering if anybody else frequently experiences crashes/hangs
> running the real time kernel on Fedora 20? I'm using the default nouveau
> driver, and I can't seem to use the kernel reliably.

I have seen freezes sometimes, and they seem to be related to the
nouveau driver :-(

> I'm almost guaranteed to get a crash when waking up from suspend - I'll
> see a display and I'll be able to move the mouse, but the system will be
> otherwise unresponsive (no capslock light).

Lucky you. In my new laptop (Lenovo w540) suspend does not work (there
is a problem with the nouveau driver)...

> Or, occasionally during a desktop session the screen will freeze and I
> will be unable to interact at all (audio still seems to play for a while).
>
> Is anybody experiencing similar issues, and are there any thoughts on
> solutions?

See if you have any information in /var/log/messages when you reboot the
machine. If there is a BUG or Oops report there we could send it to the
rt list and see if there is a solution.

I just released a kernel I have been using for a while
(3.14.13-200.rt9.2), it may solve your particular problem or introduce
new ones... Let us know how it works out.

-- Fernando

(sorry for the delay in answering, I was away for two weeks and not
monitoring mailing lists)