[PlanetCCRMA] libfaust.a

Julius Smith jos at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Tue Jul 1 11:11:11 PDT 2014

I believe libfaust.a must be something made in the csound world. In
the Faust distribution, the "libraries" are plain text files (Faust source).

At 10:54 AM 7/1/2014, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
>On 06/30/2014 09:24 AM, Donald Steven wrote:
> > I've installed faust, llvm and a number of  related software, but I
> > can't find libfaust.a without which I can't seem to enable the faust
> > opcodes in csound6 or csound6-devel.
>
>Is this rpm package installs? If so then that is the problem as Fedora
>does not package static libraries.
>
> > 1. Are the faust opcodes required by csound in order for faust to work?
> > (I'm just new to faust and would like to try it)?
> > 2. How do I get cmake to enable the faust opcodes?  I'm using: #cmake
> > -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=$HOME -DBUILD_FAUST_OPCODES=1
> > -DFAUST_LIBRARY=$HOME/lib/faust/libfaust.a ./
> >
> > The $HOME/lib/faust/libfaust.a is a non-issue.  There is no file
> > libfaust.a anywhere on my system.
> >
> > 3. How do I get libfaust.a successfully installed in /usr/lib or
> > /usr/local/lib?
>
>It is probably not available within the Fedora package world. The proper
>fix would be to get the csound faust opcodes to link against the faust
>shared libraries instead od the static library. You could also try to
>install your own faust from source in your home directory and use that.
>Sorry to not have an easy way out...
>
>-- Fernando

Julius O. Smith III <jos at ccrma.stanford.edu>
Professor of Music and, by courtesy, Electrical Engineering
CCRMA, Stanford University
http://ccrma.stanford.edu/~jos/