[PlanetCCRMA] libfaust.a

Tue Jul 1 10:54:16 PDT 2014

On 06/30/2014 09:24 AM, Donald Steven wrote:
> I've installed faust, llvm and a number of  related software, but I
> can't find libfaust.a without which I can't seem to enable the faust
> opcodes in csound6 or csound6-devel.

Is this rpm package installs? If so then that is the problem as Fedora
does not package static libraries.

> 1. Are the faust opcodes required by csound in order for faust to work?
> (I'm just new to faust and would like to try it)?
> 2. How do I get cmake to enable the faust opcodes?  I'm using: #cmake
> -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=$HOME -DBUILD_FAUST_OPCODES=1
> -DFAUST_LIBRARY=$HOME/lib/faust/libfaust.a ./
>
> The $HOME/lib/faust/libfaust.a is a non-issue.  There is no file
> libfaust.a anywhere on my system.
>
> 3. How do I get libfaust.a successfully installed in /usr/lib or
> /usr/local/lib?

It is probably not available within the Fedora package world. The proper
fix would be to get the csound faust opcodes to link against the faust
shared libraries instead od the static library. You could also try to
install your own faust from source in your home directory and use that.
Sorry to not have an easy way out...