[PlanetCCRMA] Pure Data on Fedora 21 - can't connect with jack

Wed Apr 8 13:05:45 PDT 2015

On 04/08/2015 05:18 AM, Piotr Komorowski wrote:
> Hallo,
> I have several problems with pd on Fedora 21 64bit:
> 1. I can't install pd-extended-extra. YUM complains about missing 'mpg321'. There
> is no such package in repository, so I compiled and installed mpg321
> myself.It doesn't help. I also tried 'yum install --skip-broken'
> but with no success.

Should be fixed now, sorry about that (I added the mpg321 packages to
the repository)...

> 2. I installed pd-extended but I can't connect it to jack properly. When
> I choose Jack as my Audio Driver (the same options as my qjackctl
> session - 44100 Hz, Block size: 512) jack throws these messages:
>
> JackAudioDriver::ProcessGraphAsyncMaster: Process error
> JackEngine::XRun: client = pure_data_0 was not finished, state =
> Triggered
> JackAudioDriver::ProcessGraphAsyncMaster: Process error
> JackEngine::XRun: client = pure_data_0 was not finished, state =
> Triggered
> It continues without end. Pd window "Audio Settings" just freezes and I
> can't change my settings. Other pd options works fine.
> How can I remedy these problems?

This last one I don't know. Just tried it in my test laptop and pd
starts fine with the jack backend.

The error message suggests that Pd is taking too long to run the audio
thread. What options are you using to start jack?