[PlanetCCRMA] nvidia driver working

Oded Ben-Tal oded at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Sun Apr 19 08:46:57 PDT 2015

Hello,
Resurrecting an old(ish) thread here. I was finally able to get nvidia working
on the T410 Thinkpad (a refurbished one I got last month). I couldn't get
akmod to work at first but have finally been able to solve the issues. In case
this is of use to anyone:
I used the info in
http://www.pimp-my-rig.com/2012/01/unload-nouveau-install-nvidia-driver.html
to blacklist the nouveau drivers.
It turns out I had to use akmod-304xx instead of akmod
I also ended up installing xorg-x11-server-devel and akmod-304xx-devel packages.
I was then able to boot into the kernel with nvidia working.
That somehow disrupted the wifi. fortunately a yum update sorted that out. I
was also able to get the ccrma rt kernel working, though very lightly tested
so far.
Oded