[PlanetCCRMA] fedora 20

Samuel Sieb samuel at sieb.net
Mon Mar 2 11:01:39 PST 2015

On 03/02/2015 10:41 AM, elecronicq qcinorcele wrote:
> i just installed fedora 20 lxde on my laptop, following an install of
> the planetccrma repository but now i arrived at a point where i don't
> understand what is going on with my audio setup entrails---is it pulse
> audio, alsa or jack server that are controlling the thing?
> thank you in advance

ALSA is the kernel layer (and a wrapper library).  By default, you will
be running PulseAudio as the audio system, but if you install Jack, you
can use that.  It should be able to take over control from PulseAudio
when it starts up.

As an aside, why F20?  F21 has been out for a while, F22 is already
approaching Alpha.