[PlanetCCRMA] another nvidia driver problem

Oded Ben-Tal oded at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Fri Mar 13 13:24:28 PDT 2015

hello,

I've tried following the instructions posted to this list about a year ago
(http://ccrma-mail.stanford.edu/pipermail/planetccrma/2014-April/018347.html)
to try and get nvidia graphics working. But after I install akmod and reboot I
can't login any longer. I had to move the nvidia config files (*) in order to
be able to login.
any idea how I track the problem and possibly get the driver working?
Also in the process I lost the option of 1440x900 screen resolution so the
image is stretched. Any clues how I can restore that resolution option if
fixing the drivers doesn't work?
thanks

(*) mv /etc/X11/xorg.conf /etc/X11/xorg.conf.orig
mkdir /etc/X11/nvidia-backup && mv /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/*nvidia*
/etc/X11/nvidia-backup

Oded Ben-Tal
http://ccrma.stanford.edu/~oded
oded at ccrma.stanford.edu