[PlanetCCRMA] another nvidia driver problem

Chris Chafe cc at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Fri Mar 13 14:49:32 PDT 2015

Hi Oded,

I had trouble with recent kernels and intel/nvidia graphics, my solution
which may or may not pertain: (and I'm no expert, this is a hack)

Three times you will have to specify i915.modeset=1 nouveau.modeset=0

(fresh install on a Lenovo w540)
make a LiveUSB stick with f21
when the fedora options are listed edit the "Start" boot command with
"e"
after "quiet" add these 2 settings
i915.modeset=1 nouveau.modeset=0
<ctrl>x

install all the way
remove USB stick, reboot

when the boot options appear, edit the default boot line the same way as
above

once in, then as root
grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/efi/EFI/fedora/grub.cfg
gedit /boot/efi/EFI/fedora/grub.cfg
find the line corresponding to the default boot and edit as above

reboot
magic!!

update
reboot (with updated kernel as default)
magic!! (settings are sticky)

...anyway, works for me... hope it helps.

Chris