[PlanetCCRMA] Does the real-time kernel still exist for recent versions of Fedora?

Nils Tonnätt nils.tonnaett at posteo.de
Thu Sep 22 11:04:18 PDT 2022

Hello,

The standard kernel is compiled with dynamic preemption now. You can
add 'preempt=full' to the GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX variable in
/etc/default/grub.
Afterwards install the new grub configuration:
grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/grub2/grub.cfg

IIRC full preemption should become the default at some point. Maybe
this already happened with Fedora 36.

-- Nils