[PlanetCCRMA] Does the real-time kernel still exist for recent versions of Fedora?

Thu Sep 22 11:28:57 PDT 2022

On 9/22/22 8:57 AM, T-vK wrote:
> Hello, I'm currently on Fedora 35 x64 and I just tried to install the
> real-time kernel without any success.
> I am able to add the repo:
> sudo rpm -Uvh
> http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/fedora/linux/planetccrma/35/x86_64/planetccrma-repo-1.1-3.fc35.ccrma.noarch.rpm
>
> Now some instructions say to install kernel-rt and others say to install
> planetccrma-core, but none of these packages can be found:
> sudo dnf install kernel-rt
> sudo dnf install planetccrma-core
>
> Does the real-time kernel simply not exist anymore for recent versions
> of Fedora or am I doing it wrong?

I have not been building this for quite a while so those packages are
not there for recent Fedora versions, sorry...

As Nils pointed out you can boot stock Fedora kernels with
"preempt=full" and the performance is quite good.

If you REALLY need the full RT patch you could try this repository:
https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/ycollet/audinux/

in particular this:
https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/ycollet/audinux/packages/

Yann Collette is doing an amazing job of packaging everything under the
sun for audio and music!

Best,
-- Fernando

https://discussion.fedoraproject.org/t/release-of-the-fedora-copr-audinux-for-fedora-36/39183